Uncategorized

How to be a LIGHT in dark places

There is no doubt we will all go through hard times. We will all endure heartache, loss, pain, and suffering. You have two options you can either give in and let the enemy win or you can praise God through the storm.

How can you praise God when you just lost a baby or lost a job? What if you are going through a nasty custody battle? You can praise God by allowing that to happen. It is in fact all a part of His plan . This is what I believe to be true.

Faith is trusting to God to do what he says. I can not always see the good in each trial I go through but I know without a shadow of a doubt that my God has my back. I know he is faithful and loving. My God will never leave me. My God doesn’t need me to be perfect. My God doesn’t need me to act like I have it all together.

Be strong and courageous.

Do not be afraid or terrified

because of them, for the LORD your

God goes with you; he will never

leave you
nor forsake you.

-Deut. 31:6

God gives and takes away but He is worthy to be praised through it all.
Romans 5 tells us that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.

My hope is in the Lord. I delight in knowing that everything happens in his timing and for his purposes.

Dealing with a loss is a very traumatic thing. It can break you. It can make you stronger or it can make you weaker. You can turn to Christ during that time or you can turn your back on him and blame him.

I chose to be a light when I was in a dark place. I chose to pursue Christ and not push him away.

The Lord is near to all who call on him. Psalm 145:18

God never left my side. God was near to me because I chose to call on him.

You can be a light in dark places by:

Proclaiming his truth.
Speaking what is helpful and useful.
Being an encouragement.
Being an example.

LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE BEFORE ALL MEN!

I love this quote from The Fellowship of the Ring:

“May it be a light to you in dark places, when all other lights go
out.”

-J.R.R. Tolkien

Make sure to follow me on INSTAGRAM / PINTEREST / TWITTER / FACEBOOK

You Might Also Like

11 Comments

Raya
    May 21, 2016 at 8:25 am

Wow! Thank you, I needed this! God bless you for these words of encouragement and inspiration 🙂

Rebecca Greene
    May 21, 2016 at 6:17 pm

Sometimes it is hard to see how tribulations change us for the best until a good deal of time has passed. Even with that positive perspective, we have to remember that it is okay to grieve loss.

Keep it Simple DIY
    May 22, 2016 at 2:25 pm

It's hard to be positive all the time. Although you can still let your emotions show and have a positive attitude about them.

CourtneyLynne
    May 22, 2016 at 11:32 pm

Oooo great read!! I definitely try my best to be positive most of the time, but unfortunately it doesn't always pan out.

Jessica Bradshaw
    May 23, 2016 at 2:22 am

Love this!! Thank you for this reminder, Brittany.

Whitney S.
    May 23, 2016 at 7:02 am

This is such a great reminder for everyone!

Petite Heartbeat
    May 23, 2016 at 6:17 pm

It is so important to shine brightly in darkness and to not let our lights be dimmed by the cares of this life. Thanks for this reminder.

Anosa Malanga
    May 23, 2016 at 6:45 pm

A great post indeed, I am reminder and encouraged to remain faithful and continue to trust in my God.

Jenna Fletcher
    May 23, 2016 at 6:49 pm

Lovely words. I wish I had read this after I had lost my first baby. It was really hard to find any light then.

La Belle Sirene
    May 26, 2016 at 2:28 am

Thank you so much, I needed this. I get anxious and tend to forget to leave my faith in God. I want everything to work out but I need to understand that if it doesn't then it is meant to be that way.

La Belle Sirene

Katie Cyr
    June 18, 2016 at 6:16 pm

Love your perspective of just allowing these things to happen because this is part of His plan, and trusting and praising Him while walking through it. Always something to thank Him for, even in the darkest of places. That's how we really become a light in this world. Beautiful encouragement and godly perspective in this post!