This post is sponsored by Visit Orlando. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
When we were discussing where to go for Spring break 2020 we had a few options but Florida was definitely at the top of the list! We love traveling as a family and discovering new places in the US! Disney was out of the question because we are going in October. We decided on Orlando for mainly one reason.
The kids are obsessed with LEGOS so we had to visit LEGOLAND.
We worked with Visit Orlando and they gave us all the best restaurants and parks to go to! We flew on Frontier Airlines and the flight was smooth, thankfully! The only thing we will do differently Is book a later departing flight back home. Waking up at 3:30 was rough!
We got off the plane and headed straight to get our rental from from Enterprise! We got to choose our SUV and went with the Tahoe because of how spacious it was and I had never driven one before! It was so nice!!
We stayed at the Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa! Our room was a 2 bedroom suite and it was PLENTY of room! We had our own full kitchen and washer/dryer! I recommend this type of room for a family of 5! They had a pack n play for Leighton too! The pool was great and had a bar/restaurant ! Also, not sure how many ice creams and pool floats we charged to the room, haha!
Look at all the have to offer!
- Pirates Plunge Themed Pool- OPEN
- Reflections Full Service Salon & Spa-OPEN Thursday-Sunday
- Lani’s Luau Poolside Bar & Grille- OPEN
- Frankie Farrell’s Irish Pub & Grille-OPEN
- Pizza Hut Café Express- currently unavailable
- Convenience Store & Gift Shop- (OPEN Daily 3:00p – 11:30pm)
- Theme Park Shuttle- currently unavailable
- Lake Buena Vista Factory Stores- OPEN
- 24-Hour Fitness Center- OPEN
- Game Room- OPEN
- 24-hour Reception Desk and Check-in- OPEN
- NEW Little Pirates Playground- NOW OPEN!
- Meeting Room
- Personalized Housekeeping Services (nominal fee)
- Kids Club- currently unavailable
- Wireless Internet Access (included in nominal resort fee)
One really cool service we used was Baby Quip.
BabyQuip is a total game changer for family travel! Rent all the baby equipment you need (like cribs, strollers, car seats, toys and more) for your next getaway and skip packing all the bulky items.
They deliver and set up everything for you, and pick it up when you’re done—all at your convenience.
They’ll even meet you at the airport! All rental gear is clean, safe and insured. I am so thankful we didn’t have to bring any large baby gear!
A few things to do while in Orlando:
-Lake Buena Vista Factory stores for shopping
-eat at Sugar factory, located in Icon Park ( lots to do there too)
-Eat at Chef Art Smith’s Homecomin’ ( located in Disney Springs)
We spent 3 nights in Orlando and cannot wait to be back in October when we head to Disney! Hope this travel guide helps you when you’re planning your trip!